National Federation of Builders launches fully funded director level training to bolster construction industry.
In a pioneering move to fortify the construction industry and mitigate the number of insolvencies that plague it, the National Federation Of Builders (NFB) is proud to announce a groundbreaking initiative – fully funded director-level training designed exclusively for the construction sector.
The NFB recognises the pivotal role that directors and decision-makers play in shaping the industry’s future. To equip these leaders with the essential skills and knowledge needed for success, the NFB is hosting a series of one-day bootcamps across various locations, beginning in Bristol on November 22, 2023.
Unlocking directorial excellence:
The training day is divided into two high-impact sessions:
1. Role of the company director:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director.
- learn how to effectively carry out the director’s duties while safeguarding both individuals and corporations from potential liabilities.
- explore board functions, effective board meeting management, and legal directorial compliance.
- navigate the companies act 2006 and delve into director’s statutory and criminal liabilities.
- discover the importance of director and officers liability insurance.
2. Finance demystified:
- equip yourself with the skills to understand financial accounts, even without a finance background.
- learn to interpret financial information, a critical skill for all business professionals.
- explore topics such as balance sheets, financial analysis, profit and loss accounts, and cash management.
Meet your expert trainer:
Leading these transformative sessions is Jo Haigh, chairman, and founder of Fds, a renowned expert in dealmaking and corporate governance. With a wealth of experience in buying and selling companies, jo brings a unique perspective to director training. Her commitment to the commercial world extends to initiatives like “onboarding officers,” supporting military officers transitioning into business leadership roles.
Jo Haigh currently serves as non-executive director chair for multiple companies, including Croma security solutions group plc, fresh start waste services limited, Glenalmond group limited, Martyn fiddler aviation, and Produmax limited.
Why this training matters:
The construction industry is no stranger to challenges, with insolvencies being a recurrent issue. By providing directors in the industry with this invaluable training, the NFB aims to empower them to make informed decisions, effectively manage their responsibilities, and contribute to the industry’s long-term stability.
In the words of Danny Clarke, commercial director for the National Federation Of Builders, “our mission is clear: we want to strengthen the construction industry by investing in the skills and expertise of its leaders. By enhancing their abilities, we believe we can reduce insolvencies and drive a positive change in the industry.”
Don’t miss your chance:
This fully funded director-level training is an unmissable opportunity for those leading the charge in the construction sector. Enhance your directorial skills and financial acumen in one power-packed day.
Training dates and locations:
- Bristol: November 22, 2023
- Warrington: November 29, 2023
- London: December 7, 2023
- Durham: January 10, 2024
- Cardiff: January 31, 2024
- East Midlands: February 7, 2024
- Ipswich: February 28, 2024
Spaces are limited, so register now to secure your spot and embark on a transformative learning journey. Visit https://www.builders.org.uk/events/ for more details and to reserve your place.