Housebuilding and development company Larkfleet Group, is welcoming industry colleagues to attend its online conference, focusing on the question, ‘Can housebuilders deliver 300,000 new homes a year and meet carbon biodiversity targets?’.
The online conference is being held on Thursday 30th September and includes a great line up of guest speakers who will discuss the theme of housebuilding in today’s climate.
Keynote speaker is Dr Nik Johnson, Mayor of The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority, who has set out ambitions for carbon neutrality and for affordable housing. Nik will share his thoughts on how we can manage these two agendas collaboratively.
Other guest speakers include:
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge, Chair of the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Independent Climate Commission (CPICC), offering her perspective on the theme of the conference.
- Craig Huntbatch, Executive Director at Royal HaskoningDHV with responsibility for meeting net-zero targets, will be sharing specific examples of how this equation of building and mitigating carbon is being met across the world, drawing on Royal HaskoningDHV’s global experience.
- Councillor Wayne Fitzgerald, Leader of Peterborough City Council, will be addressing the agenda and whether it hinders Peterborough’s growth ambitions.
- Councillor Bridget Smith, Chair of the Arc Environment Group, will be sharing ideas on how to take steps to ensure we lead the way in net-zero carbon living.
- John Anderson, Larkfleet’s Group Chief Executive, will provide an insight into the challenge that building homes and achieving wider environmental objectives poses for the house-building industry.
- Hannah Smart, of edge Urban Design and LDN Collective, will talk about a major strategic site that Larkfleet is bringing forward and the principles they are adopting to achieve a net zero development.
Karl Hick, Chairman of Larkfleet Group said: “As a housebuilding company with a core focus on being a sustainable developer, it is important we hold conferences such as this that address the environmental concerns in our industry and the changes we can make to benefit future generations.
“At Larkfleet, we strive to invest in innovative and sustainable energy projects, and it is always great when we can use our shared experiences in this topic to provide greater insights to each other and the wider community.
“Thank you to all our guest speakers for agreeing to attend this conference, I greatly look forward to hearing the insightful contributions they have to make on this agenda and to learn from this experience.”
To register to attend, please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/larkfleet-conference-registration-165743373893.